Monday, May 11, 2009

Waiting...

In hour 1.5 of waiting ... Lots of people around us with blank stares. They probably also woke up at 3 a.m. At least the waiting room is nice -- TV, wireless, coffee nearby. I could do without the sound of that wrecking ball, like a distance storm or a community headache.

Kids are with my Aunt Donna, who is spoiling them. Aunt D. called to see if MJ could have gum. They were on their way to the post office then to a picnic. I'm happy to hear any kind of normalcy.

We just took a humor break here, wondering if they remove that thing from Dad's brain, will he suddenly pronounce words correctly? Like Linda said, "No matter how many times you tell him 'tilapia,' he says 'talapeka." And Scott remembered him ordering a 'panty sandwich' rather than 'panini.'

Sorry in advance but there could be a flock of blog entries today. Gotta kill time. Linda is reading O Magazine and Scott's playing with his phone. We're having a conversation on whether Oprah's had a face lift. Consensus is yes she has ...

I felt so scared for my dad when they wheeled him to surgery. Was able to have a good cry after walking away. He claimed he felt good, wasn't nervous. We had some laughs and he told Linda and I how much he loved all his girls -- Linda, me, Heather, Anna, MJ, Charlotte. I showed him pictures of my gals and then a video on my phone of some of Char's first steps. We are all right there with him in that OR.

3 comments:

  1. I am there with you guys. It's hard to wait this out trying to go through the motions of a normal day.
    Love you Dadddy! Can't wait to see him tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, blog away, we enjoy reading them and want you to know I'm with you in heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Linda and Family,

    I have been watching the clock in Pittsburgh too and said a prayer a 7:30 this morning. Please know all of you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    The waiting game... Dr. Robert Anthony says it just right

    "Waiting is a trap. There will always be reasons to wait. The truth is, there are only two things in life, reasons and results, and reasons simply don't count.”

    The Barrante Family

    ReplyDelete