Friday, May 15, 2009

Share your Bill story

Remember Judy on the motorcycle (5/8)? Here she is:

I have a funny story related to my recent motorcycle visit with you and your dad ...

Remember when your Dad was asking how I held the throttle and the front brake when I would ride? I tried to explain to him that I just use my rear brake if I need to stop and he said, "No, use your front brake otherwise you will fishtail!" Well, I thought his advice was strange and it was the tumor talking and that he was confused so I did not want to argue. Anyway, Tuesday morning I was riding my motorcycle to work down a curvy back road when a big dog slowly started to cross the street. I moved to the left to avoid the dog, which was in the oncoming traffic lane, and hit my rear brake. I, of course, started to fishtail and felt the rear of my bike go left. I let off the brake, got out of the fishtail and eased around the dog.

Bill was right! I should have used my front brake and rear brake at the same time for the most efficient stop! The rest of the day I rode with my right fingers covering the front brake!

Thanks Bill ...

Here's your chance to share a Bill story -- anything goes. I know that he has touched, helped, advised (no doubt without solicitation) and baffled many people. Comment below or send to lisabauer@tds.net. I will share them with Dad. He'll really enjoy being the center of attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment