Thursday, May 14, 2009

Visit to Zion

Pastor Jeff is in Zion National Park on a well-deserved respite from his flock in Madison. He called yesterday and I flat-out asked him: Why would God give us cancer? "I can't answer that on a short phone call, Lisa. Let's talk when I get back."

I've never been to that park, but I googled some pictures of it to find massive canyon walls and beauty on a grand scale. Is God still in Zion? Maybe we need to pack up and take Dad there.

I hung up with Jeff and looked out my office window at my red bud tree in full bloom.

Later that night I wandered downstairs in a daze to find the kids and Scott cuddled up on the couch watching SpongeBob. What a sight for sore eyes. I had to squeeze in to that little pile of arms and legs that I love. Good ol' SquarePants went to Frank's Pranks and found some invisible spray for him and Patrick. Since it stains clothes, they stripped and started playing tricks on all the neighbors at Bikini Bottoms. Of course when the spray came off they were buck naked on a stage in front of all those they pranked. hahaha! Anna and MJ's giggles were contagious. I could not help but join them in that Zion.

No comments:

Post a Comment