Monday, May 4, 2009

Waves

It feels slightly inappropriate blogging about my Dad's medical battle. (If I were 10 or more years younger ... it'd be second nature.) Bear with me if possible, or just stop reading. It's therapeutic and liberating to see words about these events that don't seem real.

Also, I feel a strong desire to communicate with many of you who have expressed your condolences, promised prayers, made phones calls, left messages, taken care of my children, checked in on Scott ... phew, and it's only been one day! To thank you is insufficient. I am virtually hugging each and every one of you. Your thoughts do not just help emotionally. I physically feel better. Many of you who've been through similar ordeals understand this power. It heals.

Why Twelve Footers? Ask Captain Bill about boating and you'll get an earful about all the waves he's fought throughout his long-time on Lake Erie. He's battled many a twelve-foot wave and come through not only with flags of victory but also with a bunch of great stories. Right now I see this as another big wave (and one helluva big one) to conquer.

More news to come ... I am only supposed to be on .gov or .org sites here searching for health information. Gee, maybe that's a better way to spend my time. As a good friend told me, "You can only do your best." So that's what I'm trying to do. Well, by far it's not just me. Heather and Linda and I are Dad's ladies, his first mates.

Stay turned for good and bad news but most of all just a journey about the love that two daughters, one almost-wife and many others have for a man named Bill.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful start. I can't wait to read more, and to share some stories. Mostly the good ones. There are so many different Bills. There's Captain Bill, Father Bill, Worker Bill and even Angry Bill. "People SLEEP AT NIGHT!" I hope everyone can use this space to share stories about him that he can read during his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa it is not inappropriate at ALL to have a blog about your dads battle, I feel blessed that we all have the chance to be there for you and heather every step of the way and keep updated with bill on a daily basis! you and heather are angels and the two strongest people i know!!! i know in my heart everything will be fine, just hang in there! and i agree writing feelings down is one of the most thereaputic (sp?) things ever!! every little things help! soo keep on keepin on! and let me know if i can do anything to help!:)

    ReplyDelete