Friday, May 15, 2009

How is he doing?

This is what we get asked daily.

Well, the thing is, Bill is great. Heather's been giving me updates since I left, and I've talked with him on the phone each day. He's definitely not out cutting grass (surprisingly), but he's visiting with friends, running errands with Heather, taking walks, eating and sleeping well. He even made another trip to the marina. His comment to me has been, "I feel good."

Brain surgery, schmain surgery.

Mentally his chin is up, and Dad continues to express thanks to friends and family for support, meals, prayers. What keeps him positive is people power. Joe stops by to chat, guys at the marina tease him, Uncle Ray ribs him, Todd dedicates plays he directed in NYC to him, Anna dedicates her one-mile run in gym class to her Grandpa, Heather and Linda hug him, Kristine brings by a chicken dinner. His peeps keep spirits high and high spirits supply strength and help heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment